Why choose Northern Illinois University Professional and Continuing Education Programs?
NIU's professional and continuing education programs are facilitated by industry instructors including certified practitioners and accredited NIU College of Business faculty members.
NIU College of Business Accolades
- Accredited since 1969 by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) in all three of the association’s ranking categories: undergraduate, accountancy and graduate programs
- Ranked 65th in the country by Business Week magazine’s 2007 online ranking
Human Resources Education
- Recognized as a SHRM® Preferred Provider for HR programs offering CEUs
- Acknowledged as one of the Top 20 university led programs for the SHRM Learning System® (PHR/SPHR Exam Review) for the past 5 years
- Received special recognition for multiple classes with 100% exam pass rates (1 award in 2004, 2 awards in 2005, 4 awards in 2006)
- Exceeded overall national average pass rates by 10-20%
Finance and Accounting Education
Institute of Management Accountants (IMA®)
- Among the leading universities to launch the Certified Management Accountant Learning Series program in 2003
- NIU instructors have been instrumental in the evaluation and redesign of the 2.0 program unveiled September 2007
- Selected as a preferred provider of the IMA program by Caterpillar Inc., delivering on-site programs in Aurora, IL and Nashville, TN
- The IMA holds a partnership with NIU’s College of Business, Department of Accountancy, Sally Webber; IMA Faculty Director, local chapters of the IMA and NIU Outreach
Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA®)
- One of 2 universities in the nation to offer a face to face classroom program for candidates seeking to become Certified Internal Auditors
- First university to offer the new, instructor-led Institute of Internal Auditors CIA Review Program
- The IIA is partnered with the College of Business, Department of Accountancy, David Sinason; CIA Faculty Director, the Chicago Chapter of the IIA and NIU Outreach
Instructor led courses allow you to benefit from the experiences of your instructors and classmates. Face-to-face classes also require disciplined study in a limited time frame. Our instructor team is available to help students up until the day they take an exam.
NIU’s team approach provides students with a wealth of expertise to draw on as they prepare to become certified in their respective professions. Using an instructor team comprised of practitioners, legal experts and NIU faculty allows students to benefit from the expertise each brings to the table.